Communications Coordinator in the UW Sustainability office, including website content and maintenance, social media management and print communications.
Write feature stories and game coverage about professional and major college sports in Washington D.C. and Seattle.
- Oversee production and quality of site content , including editing incoming data, improving user experience, blogging about newsworthy new content and identifying new records to acquire .
- Identify new site features and create page specifications for developers.
- Manage company’s social media presence, including Twitter feed and Facebook page.
- Use analytics to determine track traffic and implement site changes accordingly.
- Provide outside reporters with story ideas and customized data for national and local news stories, packages and projects.
- Create specifications for custom in-house editing tools and CMS; collaborate with programmers to reduce site-production inefficiencies in the editing process.
- Managed team of programmers and designers to create LegiStorm Pro subscription product, including building e-commerce engines and new content offerings.
Beat writer covering University of Southern Mississippi sports, as well as general assignment articles and copy-editing shifts.